Who We Are:
Crimson Renewable Energy and its subsidiary SeQuential Biodiesel are producers of renewable transportation fuels; specifically, we are the largest producer of biodiesel in California and Oregon. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, and Philips 66 to truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J and Love’s count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel.
Additionally, Crimson’s subsidiary SeQuential Environmental Services is one of the largest providers of used cooking oil and interceptor collection services in the Pacific Northwest and California.
Since commencing biodiesel production in Oregon in 2007 and in California in late 2011, Crimson and its SeQuential Biodiesel subsidiary have grown to become market leaders in the California and Oregon alternative fuels market, which combined represent the largest market for biodiesel in the United States. Our mission is to build a better energy model by making responsible, local, bioproducts.
Crimson has consistently grown revenue and profitability since startup, experiencing record revenue in 2018 of ~ $150 million and is projecting significant growth for 2019-2021. Crimson currently employs over 250 people, and is a privately owned, closely-held company. Throughout its growth trajectory, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with an emphasis on customer responsiveness, integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, and accountability at all levels. In summary, we work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational and back-office execution and managing the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
The Lab Technician is engaged in all facets of lab testing for raw materials, in-process/production, and finished product quality control in support of biodiesel and glycerin production operations. This position also plays an important role in troubleshooting production issues and simulating plant production processes. This position will be Monday-Friday, 10pm-6:30am.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform multiple lab tests to support in-process and production quality control
- Lab testing of finished production lots and quality control certification
- Lab testing to troubleshoot processing problems, including lab simulation of existing and new production processes
- Documentation and management of test results and process simulation results
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized lab
- Maintain all lab equipment and troubleshoot as necessary
- Participate in meetings regarding production/operations, production and product quality control, and health and safety
- Perform all duties in manner consistent with environmental, health and safety policies and objectives
Education and Basic Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferably or Associates in Chemistry or related field
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Email, ability to learn company-specific programs)
- Valid driver’s license
Experience and Job Skills
- 5+ years’ experience as lab technician or chemist
- Experience working with biodiesel, glycerin, oleo chemicals is a strong plus
- Experience working in Rendering industry (animal fats, used cooking oil) is a strong plus
- Experience working in an environmental and/or QC lab environment as a self-directed technician or chemist is a strong plus
- Experience working with the following:
- Gas Chromatography
- Liquid Chromatography
- Karl Fischer Titration
- Elemental Analysis (ICP, Sulfur, TOC)
- Acid/Base Titrations
- Experience simulating processes such as evaporation, distillation and filtration
- Experience with instrument maintenance and automation of GC, HPLC, ICP, systems
- Experience with quality control documentation and maintenance of test results
- Experience working with laboratory information management systems is a plus
- Able to communicate with internal company personnel and external vendors effectively
- Able to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment prior to consultation with supervisor
- Must have a hands-on approach, strong work ethic and be highly motivated, self-directed type of individual
- Exposure to heights, noise, extreme weather conditions, and areas where hazardous chemicals are present
- Must be able to work all shifts / schedules as needed
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and to handle competing demands with flexibility
Job Type: Full-time
Contact for Qualified Candidates
For qualified candidates, please email resume to email@example.com
Please use “Lab Technician position” as the subject heading.