Accounts Receivable Specialist
Work Location: Denver, CO (downtown) Hybrid
Reports To: AR Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The AR Specialist is a part of the Accounting Team supporting the Crimson Renewable Energy Holdings organization. The AR Specialist is responsible for preparing a high volume of customer sales orders and invoices, maintaining customer relationships, posting payments to customer accounts, and preparing supporting documentation. The position supports transactional related regulatory reporting for renewable fuels sales made to CRE’s customers.
The AR Specialists’ office is located in Denver, CO. The headquarters is light, open, and business casual. However, due to the COVID Pandemic, employees are currently working a hybrid schedule with minimal visits to the office each month. There will be minimal need to travel to other Company locations.
While training will be provided on the software we use, previous experience using ERP or CRM systems will be helpful. The candidate we choose must have intermediate skills with MS Office (especially Excel and Outlook).
- Accurately prepare and process sales orders and customer invoices in a fast-paced environment, working closely with the trading and logistics teams.
- Ensure that each customer shipment is correctly invoiced in a timely manner and that all related additional documentation is properly prepared and sent to customer.
- Accurately apply complex pricing and other transaction components that are unique to individual customers.
- Prepare semi-monthly customer account reconciliations and statements.
- Provide complete and accurate transaction documents to customers and the regulatory group in support of federal and state reporting requirements.
- Responsible for collecting open receivable balances timely and efficiently. Maintain detailed accurate files and notes regarding collection efforts. Initiate adequate follow-up with customers and fellow employees in a timely manner.
- Assists with collecting support for annual audit & field audits.
- Responsible for backing up teammates on PTO and actively reaching out to assist teammates when necessary during slow times.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years of Accounts Receivable experience, experience in a high volume setting preferred.
- Intermediate in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet. Advanced Excel capabilities a plus.
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and on-going screening.
- Must be very organized and possess strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with customers, co-workers and operating personnel.
- Ability to work and achieve deadlines independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Complete special projects/assume additional responsibilities as assigned