This position is a part of the Accounting Team supporting the Crimson Renewable Energy organization. The AR Specialist is responsible for preparing customer sales orders and invoices, posting payments to customer accounts, and preparing supporting documentation. The position supports transactional related regulatory reporting for renewable fuels sales made to CRE’s customers.
While training will be provided on the software we use, previous experience using ERP or CRM systems will be helpful. The candidate we choose must have intermediate skills with MS Office (especially Excel and Outlook).
- Accurately prepare and process sales orders and customer invoices working closely with the trading and logistics teams
- Ensure that each customer shipment is correctly invoiced in a timely manner and that all related additional documentation is properly prepared and sent to customer
- Accurately apply complex pricing and other transaction components that are unique to individual customers
- Prepare semi-monthly customer account reconciliations and statements
- Provide complete and accurate transaction documents to customers and the regulatory group in support of federal and state reporting requirements
- Responsible for collecting open receivable balances timely and efficiently. Maintain detailed accurate files and notes regarding collection efforts. Initiate adequate follow-up with customers and fellow employees in a timely manner
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet. Advanced Excel capabilities a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and on-going screening
- 2 to 4 years of accounting / accounts receivable / finance / collections / customer service-related experience
- Must be a self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic and customer service focus
- Must be very organized and possess strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with customers, co-workers and operating personnel
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks under stringent deadlines
- Seeks progressively more challenging tasks in a development-oriented culture
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Fast typing and data entry skills
- Complete special projects/assume additional responsibilities as assigned
· Ability to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, and carry materials under 30 pounds daily
· Ability to spend several, contiguous hours working on a computer
· Ability to work in varied offices, warehouses, truck yards, and public venues
Work Environment & Travel
The AR Specialists’ office is located in Denver, CO. The headquarters is light, open, and business casual. However, due to the COVID Pandemic, employees are currently working remotely from their homes. There will be minimal need to travel to other Company locations.
This document describes the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this job classification. This document is not, however, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned. The company has the right to add, revise, or delete job duties (and subsequently information within this document) at any time.
The company is both Equal Opportunity, and At Will. The company does not discriminate on basis of age, race, sex, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation. Either the company or Employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time for any legally permissible reason. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates/employees with disabilities.
Interested in applying? Click here.