Position: Human Resources Manager
Work Location: Bakersfield, CA
Reports To: Division President
Supervisory Responsibilities: HR Administrative staff
About Crimson Renewable Energy
Crimson Renewable Energy LP is a producer of renewable transportation fuels and is the largest producer of biodiesel in California. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, Exxon, and Philips 66 to truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel. Crimson, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, provides a variety of timing, logistics, and pricing structures to best suit its various customers and to offer the highest degree of flexibility to its supply chain partners.
Since commencing biodiesel production in late 2011, Crimson has grown to become a market leader in California’s alternative fuels industry, which is one of the largest biodiesel market in the United States. Throughout its growth trajectory, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, and accountability at all levels. In summary, at Crimson we care very much about our business and our co-workers, and work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational execution while managing the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
The HR Manager will be responsible for the complete Human Resources function at Crimson Renewable Energy (“CRE”) and Delta Trading (“Delta”), which share a common facility in Bakersfield, CA and common senior management. The HR Manager will be a member of the combined CRE/Delta management team, and works towards successful achievement of strategic and operational business, organizational, and workforce goals. The HR Manager is charged with establishing and maintaining a proactive, productive, and hands-on partnership with all CRE and Delta staff, and is responsible for employee engagement on all HR related matters and activities.
The HR Manager acts as a trusted adviser to all CRE and Delta operations. In this role, the HR Managers delivers HR support, advice, and services to facilitate and advocate on all HR matters and activities, such as:
- Staffing and recruiting
- New-hire orientation and onboarding
- Performance management, feedback, and coaching
- Goal alignment; talent management
- Employee relations and issue resolution
- Managing internal and agency complaints
- Organizational and workforce planning and development
- Change management/leadership
- Teambuilding, skills training and professional development
- Merger due diligence and integration
Ultimately, the HR Manager applies broad expertise and experience in various HR disciplines to find the best talent possible and enable, facilitate, and enhance employee performance and productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Strong passion and commitment to the HR profession as a career and the HR Manager role to support management and staff, including the ability to effectively and consistently maintain high levels of confidentiality, sensitivity, respect, and support on matters of importance.
- Exceptional attitude with working knowledge of and experience in core HR disciplines, including: staffing and recruiting, compensation and recognition practices, organizational assessment, change management, diversity, performance management, benefits and payroll administration, talent management, training and development, and merger due diligence and integration.
- Working knowledge of and experience in a manufacturing, processing plant environment desired.
- Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of business planning, financial management, and the key drivers of and performance metrics for success.
- Working knowledge of and experience with various HR systems, processes, policies, practices, procedures, and tools; process-oriented with a bias for simplification and standardization.
- Professional with the desire and ability to embrace and deliver work product, contributions, and support aligned with the company’s pursuit of operational excellence.
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively (in a relaxed, open style and approach) in writing, verbally, and through the use of common business/office communication tools.
- Experience supporting internal/external relationships and partnerships.
- Effectively utilizes and facilitates collaboration among functional areas and other organizational teams and internal/external partnerships.
- Proactively takes initiative to identify Customer needs, develops, and provides recommendations and facilitates implementation.
- Effectively manages competing deadlines and multiple projects in high time pressure demand environment.
- Highly effective interpersonal, group, service and partnering skills.
- Proven ability for strong record keeping and data management.
- Project-management skills; time-management skills; consulting skills; diplomatic skills in conflict management and issue resolution.
- Experience in planning, prioritizing, and organizing; influencing and negotiation skills; motivational skills; highly effective problem-solving skills.
Education and Basic Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, or related field required.
- 10 years of overall HR experience and, specifically, in staffing and recruiting and employee relations.
- PHR, SPHR, Lean Six Sigma, or other professional or industry-related certifications preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies in meeting the essential functions for the position.
- Job / Technical Knowledge
- Communications – Verbal and Written
- Interpersonal skills / Teamwork
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing (initiative) new
- Adherence to Company Policy / Safety
- Self-Management Skills
- Customer Orientation – new
- Competitive; commensurate with experience and education.
- Participation in aggressive performance based annual bonuses.
- Full benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, 401k matching plan, life and supplemental disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays and sick time.
Contact for Qualified Candidates
For qualified candidates, please email resume to jo*****@cr**************.com. Please use as subject heading “HR Manager position”