Position: Logistics and Trade Support Associate
Work Location: Denver, CO (Downtown)
Reports To: Logistics Team
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
About Crimson Renewable Energy
Crimson Renewable Energy is a producer of renewable transportation fuels and is the largest producer of biodiesel in California and Oregon. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, Exxon, and Philips 66 to truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J and Travel Centers of America count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel. Additionally, Crimson’s subsidiary SeQuential Environmental Services is one of the largest providers of used cooking oil and interceptor collection services in the Pacific Northwest and California.
Crimson, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, provides a variety of timing, logistics, and pricing structure Cs to best suit its various customers and to offer the highest degree of flexibility to its supply chain partners.
Since commencing biodiesel production in Oregon in 2007 and in California in late 2011, Crimson and its SeQuential Biodiesel subsidiary have grown to become market leaders in California and Oregon’s alternative fuel market, which combined represent the largest market for biodiesel in the United States. Our mission is to build a better energy model by making responsible, local, bioproducts.
Crimson, headquartered in Denver, Colorado and privately owned, has consistently grown revenue and profitability since startup, and currently employs over 250 people. Throughout its growth trajectory, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with an emphasis on customer responsiveness, integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, and accountability at all levels. In summary, we work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational and back-office execution and managing the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
The Logistics and Trade Support Associate is responsible for providing support to the commercial logistics team and biodiesel sales and trading team. The candidate must perform the day-to-day activities of the logistics and biodiesel sales and trading departments and consistently takes initiative to solve problems and look after the customer’s best interest. The position requires situational awareness in a highly dynamic environment as well as constant communication with Crimson operations and commercial staff, logistic counterparts at customers and suppliers, and truck carriers. This is a position in a fast paced environment that will have varying demands requiring a high attention to detail, a problem-solving mindset, and the ability to multi-task. This is an excellent opportunity for a development oriented individual seeking career growth in a financially healthy organization going through exponential growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with Inventory reconciliation at various supply facilities
- Assist with Terminal automation updates for inventory and truck loading
- Collect Receiving documents from carriers and file daily
- Maintain accurate records of product inventories related to Truck and Rail movements
- Daily Data Entry into Excel ERP system
- Assist with monthly revenue closing
- Prepare shipment summaries to assist with fuels regulatory compliance reporting
- Review transactional documentation (invoices, confirmations, orders) for accurateness
- Fill in for Vacation & Time Off for both Truck and Rail Scheduler
- Be a positive contributor to a collaborative work environment
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- Problem solving skills, specifically the ability to identify cause/effect relationships between separate elements of information
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and good proficiency with other Microsoft Office products
- Ability to effectively communicate and external customers via the telephone
- Proven competence in providing the utmost in customer service
- Ability to communicate and work productively between various departments (i.e. accounting, sales, regulatory).
- Very strong attention to detail – must recognize and understand that a task done incorrectly multiplies the effort required to achieve the proper outcomes for various departments.
- Willingness to learn both Truck and Rail Logistics
- Any prior experience in a logistics support or trading or sales support role is a significant plus
- Spanish language ability is a significant plus
Education and Basic Requirements
- Minimum Education Required or Equivalent Experience: High School Diploma or GED
- Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – the ability to convey a broad array of information succinctly and accurately
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator; can remain poised and in control while dealing with competing time pressure demands
- Must have Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks under stringent deadlines
- Results oriented information seeker who can operate independently and is motivated to achieve and perform at a high level
- Complete special projects/assume additional responsibilities as assigned
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and on-going screening
- Competitive; commensurate with experience and education
- Participation in aggressive performance-based annual bonuses
- A very comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, 401k plan with matching, life and supplemental disability insurance, and paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
Contact for Qualified Candidates
For qualified candidates, please email resume to: