Position: Logistics Scheduler
Work Location: Denver, CO (Hybrid)
Reports To: Director of Logistics
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
About Crimson Renewable Energy
Crimson Renewable Energy LP is a producer of renewable transportation fuels and is the largest producer of biodiesel in California. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, Exxon, and Philips 66 to truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel. Crimson, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, provides a variety of timing, logistics, and pricing structures to best suit its various customers and to offer the highest degree of flexibility to its supply chain partners.
Since commencing biodiesel production in late 2011, Crimson has grown to become a market leader in California’s alternative fuels industry, which is one of the two largest markets for biodiesel in the United States. Throughout its growth trajectory, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with an emphasis on customer responsiveness, integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, and accountability at all levels. In summary, we work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational and back-office execution and managing the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
The Logistics Scheduler will be a key contributor in ensuring operations at our biodiesel plants, terminals, and collection depots run smoothly. This role is highly cross-functional and involves daily interactions with internal transportation, operations, purchasing, sales, compliance, senior leaders, as well as mid-office and back-office staff. Outside of the organization, this role will interact with customers, vendors, and 3rd party carriers. Due to the nature of logistics, the Logistics Scheduler is a dynamic role that will require availability off hours, weekends, and holidays to address emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with scheduling of all products and co-products into and out of each plant and terminal, including biodiesel, feedstock, chemicals, renewable diesel, ULSD, glycerin, and wastewater.
- Understand and monitor inventory levels of all products and co-products at each location, balancing production forecasts versus purchasing and sales commitments.
- Maintain orders in the Terminal Automation System and communicate proper loading numbers to all internal and external stakeholders daily.
- Ensure assets are efficiently utilized by minimizing idle or wait time, minimizing dead freight, maximizing load size, etc.
- Be attentive to assessorial costs and proactively mitigate these expenses
- Review transportation documentation and invoices for accurateness. Correct and communicate errors to mid-office and back-office teams and dispute any incorrect charges promptly.
- Assist mid-office and back-office teams with reconciliation of receipt, shipment, and inventory quantities on a regular basis.
- Respond to all customer and supplier inquiries within 24 hours.
Experience and Technical Skills
Problem solving skills, specifically the ability to identify cause/effect relationships between separate elements of information.
Strong Microsoft Excel skills and good proficiency with other Microsoft Office products.
Ability to effectively communicate via written and verbal communication with external customers.
Proven competence in providing the utmost in customer service.
Ability to communicate and work productively between various departments (i.e. accounting, sales, regulatory).
Very strong attention to detail – must recognize and understand that a task done incorrectly multiplies the effort required to achieve the proper outcomes for various departments.
Any prior experience in a logistics support or trading or sales support role is a significant plus.
Education and Basic Requirements
Minimum Education Required or Equivalent Experience: High School Diploma or GED
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
Excellent oral and written communication skills – the ability to convey a broad array of information succinctly and accurately
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator; can remain poised and in control while dealing with competing time pressure demands
Must have flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks under stringent deadlines
Results oriented information seeker who can operate independently and is motivated to achieve and perform at a high level
Complete special projects/assume additional responsibilities as assigned
Must be a team player
Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and on-going screening
- Competitive; commensurate with experience and education
- Participation in performance based annual bonuses
- Full benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, 401k matching plan, life and supplemental disability insurance, paid time off and holidays.
Contact for Qualified Candidates