Crimson Renewable Energy and its subsidiary SeQuential Biodiesel are producers of renewable transportation fuels; specifically, we are the largest producer of biodiesel in California and Oregon. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, and Philips 66 to truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J and Love’s count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing preventive and routine maintenance within the Biodiesel and Glycerin Production facility. This includes repair and/or replacement of plant equipment and systems as well as troubleshooting equipment problems to ensure maximum production and equipment stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Monitor and maintain the performance on 150 PSI Clever Brooks steam boilers, Fulton Hot oil Heaters, Cooling Towers, Chillers, air compressors and nitrogen generators, RO Systems and soft water systems.
- Operate gear pumps, centrifugal, vane, diaphragm pumps, lobe pumps, progressive cavity pumps and vacuum pumps.
- Operate Alfa Laval disk, Flottweg and Sharple decanting centrifuges.
- Service and maintain performance on plate and frame, spiral wound and shell and tube heat exchangers
- Troubleshoot equipment failure, complete root cause analysis as needed. Communicate these finding to all applicable parties.
- Collaborate as a team to solve equipment/maintenance problems and reoccurring issues as needed.
- Perform routine, preventive and predictive maintenance and upkeep for all equipment. Most importantly we are looking for a person to take notice of their findings during regular routine maintenance and act on any abnormalities. Parts of the process are under high pressure up to 1450 psi and temperatures up to 700F. A diligent and a relentless effort to stay on top of maintenance is critical to the safe operations of this plant.
- Aware of the status of critical assets regarding equipment that is nearing end of life and its replacement time. Aware of critical parts inventory levels and inventory of long lead items.
- Working Knowledge of EMAINT preferred.
- Perform upkeep of maintenance shop and related equipment.
- Participates in updating of equipment manuals, keep current PM schedules and adjust if necessary, update Standard Operating Procedures for the maintenance department.
- ensure compliance with Mechanical Integrity requirements (PSM)
- Rotate on call with other maintenance personnel for weekend and night coverage.
Education and Basic Requirements:
- Associates degree from two-year College in a related technical field, diploma from a trade school in related field or 5 years of previous industrial maintenance experience
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and the ability to learn company specific applications.
- Valid driver’s license
Experience and Job Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in the maintenance department of a process manufacturing facility with no degree; 3 years with a trade school or associates degree
- Must have a hands-on, roll up the sleeves approach and strong work ethic
- Experience as a boiler technician on Cleaver Brooks and Clayton steam generators is strongly preferred
- Repair and maintenance experience with a variety of industrial pumps, air compressors, boilers / heating systems, and other industrial plant equipment
- Experience working in a small plant environment (i.e. less than 40 people) is a strong plus
- Experience working on centrifuges is a strong plus
- Any Electrical and PLC programming skills preferred
- Understand Piping and Instrument Diagrams, Signal Flow Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams, Panel Drawings, One-Line Drawings, Loop Sheets, and Wire Lists
- Understand NEC framework (electrical classification)
- Documentation skills concerning maintenance logs, work orders, parts inventory management
- Must have PC skills and proficiency with MS Office applications
- Exposure to heights, noise, extreme weather conditions, and areas where hazardous chemicals are present
- Must be able to work all shifts / schedules as needed
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and to handle competing demands with flexibility
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs, kneel, stoop, sit, walk extensively
Compensation and Benefits
We know how important it is to have predictability in your earnings and that’s why we have dedicated company resources to ensuring your compensation as a mechanic is fair and transparent. We work hard to make sure our pay is in line with industry standards in each of our geographic regions so that you will be paid fairly for your work.
We have a generous benefits package that includes Health, Vision and Dental insurance, as well as a 401k with company match and complementary Life insurance.
Not only do we want you to be a healthy employee, we also want you to be a happy one and that means taking some time off from work every now and then. When you onboard with us you’ll get 9 paid holidays per year, and will accrue PTO at a rate of 3 weeks per year.