Position: Operations Specialist
Division: Delta Trading LP
Work Location: Bakersfield, CA
Reports To: Plant Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Audit all daily update reports to ensure that all incoming and outgoing product is accounted for. Ensure that all daily inventory reports accurately reflect all product within the Delta yard whether it be in railcars or in tanks. Perform monthly heating/utility billing cost analysis for all of Delta Trading’s gas-powered equipment and Crimson Renewable Energy (CRE) gas and power usage. Audit the End of Month (EOM) billing inventory to ensure that all product transloaded is accounted for and perform railcar heating cost calculations for asphalt customers.
- Coordinate with Operations Lead and/or Operations Supervisor to prioritize the offload/transload of various products from railcars into tanks/trucks. Perform physical daily audits on the offload/inspection of railcars to ensure that proper offload and inspection procedures are being followed. Ensure that offloading procedures and Delta yard status comply with FRA and CPUC standards.
- Communicate with Logistics & Scheduling Supervisor and Delta Admin to coordinate the incoming and outgoing shipment of all railcars and trucks. Update customers of any issues/concerns related to loading/offloading of products (i.e. Equipment issues, scheduling issues, etc.).
- Serve as the onsite subject matter expert on Shipper Connect system. Ensure Shipper Connect information is correct and up to date by performing daily audits and ensure railcar/yard information is correctly updated. Train all Delta staff on the proper use of Shipper Connect and monitor quarterly refresher trainings on Shipper Connect use.
- Coordinate with Operations Lead and/or Operations Supervisor to revise/update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to the Delta Operator position and monitor quarterly SOP refresher trainings for all operators. Coordinate with Operations Lead and/or Operations Supervisor to create SOPs for any new products to be transloaded at Delta Trading facility.
- Communicate with Delta operators and upper management to reveal and resolve any yard issues related to operations or safety. Manage operations improvement/new customer setup projects with strict deadlines in mind. Procure parts and supplies needed for expansion/improvement projects, equipment maintenance, and plant consumables.
- Assist in troubleshooting of equipment issues and determine if they are due to maintenance issues. Create work requests through Emaint to have equipment serviced/repaired by the Maintenance department. Schedule maintenance on equipment as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- 1 – 3 years experience with logistics/scheduling
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and coordinate multiple activities
- Independent judgment to determine appropriate and timely action
Contact for Qualified Candidates
For qualified candidates, please email resume to email@example.com
Please use “Operations Specialist position” as the subject heading.