Position: Scheduling and Logistics Manager
Work Location: Denver, CO (Hybrid)
Reports To: Director of Logistics
Supervisory Responsibilities: TBD
About Crimson Renewable Energy
Crimson Renewable Energy LP is a producer of renewable transportation fuels and is the largest producer of biodiesel in California. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, Exxon, and Philips 66 to truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel. Crimson, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, provides a variety of timing, logistics, and pricing structures to best suit its various customers and to offer the highest degree of flexibility to its supply chain partners.
Since commencing biodiesel production in late 2011, Crimson has grown to become a market leader in California’s alternative fuels industry, which is one of the largest biodiesel market in the United States. Throughout its growth trajectory, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, and accountability at all levels. In summary, at Crimson we care very much about our business and our co-workers, and work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational execution while managing the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
The Scheduling and Logistics Manager will be a key contributor in ensuring operations at our biodiesel plants, terminals, and collection depots run smoothly. This role is highly cross-functional and involves daily interactions with internal transportation, operations, purchasing, sales compliance, senior leaders as well as mid-office and back-office staff. Outside of the organization, this role will interact with customers, vendors and 3rd party carriers. Due to the nature of logistics, the Scheduling and Logistics Manager is a dynamic role that will require availability off hours, weekends and holidays to address emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Oversee the flow of all products and co-products into and out of each plant and terminal, including biodiesel, feedstock, chemicals, renewable diesel, ULSD, glycerin, and wastewater.
· Project and manage inventory levels of all products at each location, ensuring that inbound and outbound schedules consistently keep all inventory levels within the targeted range.
· Track completion of sales and purchasing contracts and keep all stakeholders consistently aligned in regards to outstanding obligations.
· Oversee order management in the Terminal Automation System (TMS) and set controls within the TMS to ensure an accurate flow of data into the ERP system.
· Compare projected inventory levels with actual inventory levels daily. Resolve and communicate discrepancies with the mid-office and back-office teams promptly.
· Ensure that inbound and outbound schedules align with operational plans. Pivot scheduling plans as exceptions arise and promptly communicate any changes with all internal and external stakeholders.
· Build and maintain relationships with third party carriers and vendors, and negotiate new rates for freight, throughput, demurrage, etc.
· Serve as the chairperson for logistics related projects and initiatives. Schedule meetings with stakeholders as needed, document and assign action items, and well as define and measure success.
· Ensure that customer and supplier inquiries are addressed within 24 hours.
· Provide back-up support for schedulers as needed.
Experience and Technical Skills:
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a logistics or scheduling role.
· Ability to lead a team of schedulers and motivate team members to drive outcomes.
· Problem solving skills, specifically the ability to identify cause/effect relationships between separate elements of information.
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills and good proficiency with other Microsoft Office products.
· Ability to communicate clearly and consistently via written and verbal communication.
· Proven competence in providing the utmost in customer service.
· Ability to communicate and work productively between various departments (i.e. accounting, sales, purchasing, mid-office, regulatory).
· Very strong attention to detail – must recognize and understand that a task done incorrectly multiplies the effort required to achieve the proper outcomes for various departments.
Education and Basic Requirements
· Minimum Education Required or Equivalent Experience: High School Diploma or GED Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills – the ability to convey a broad array of information succinctly and accurately
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator; can remain poised and in control while dealing with competing time pressure demands
· Must have flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks under stringent deadlines
· Results oriented information seeker who can operate independently and is motivated to achieve and perform at a high level
· Complete special projects/assume additional responsibilities as assigned
· Must be a team player
· Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and on-going screening
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive; commensurate with experience and education.
- Participation in performance based annual bonuses.
- Full benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, 401k matching plan, life and supplemental disability insurance, paid time off and holidays.
Contact for Qualified Candidates