Position: Senior Accountant
Work Location: Denver, CO (downtown)
Reports To: Controller
Supervisory Responsibilities: Some accounting staff
About Crimson Renewable Energy
Crimson Renewable Energy LP is a producer of renewable transportation fuels and is the largest producer of biodiesel in California. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, Exxon, and Philips 66 to truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel. Crimson, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, provides a variety of timing, logistics, and pricing structures to best suit its various customers and to offer the highest degree of flexibility to its supply chain partners.
Since commencing biodiesel production in late 2011, Crimson has grown to become a market leader in California’s alternative fuels industry, which is one of the two largest markets for biodiesel in the United States. Throughout its growth trajectory, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with an emphasis on customer responsiveness, integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, and accountability at all levels. In summary, we work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational and back-office execution and managing the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
The Senior Accountant is a key member of the Accounting team that supports the Crimson Renewable Energy, LP organization. The Senior Accountant will play a leading, hands-on role in account reconciliations, preparing internal and external financial statements, inventory and cost of goods sold accounting, preparing period end journal entries, and interacting with auditors. This is an excellent opportunity for a growth oriented individual seeking career growth in a financially healthy organization going through exponential growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform Inventory accounting and reconciliations and recording of cost of goods sold.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Financial statement variance analysis
- Prepare period-end general ledger journal entries
- Play a leadership role in month-end and year-end close cycle
- Assist as needed in the development and/or maintenance of annual budgets and forecasts
- Assist as necessary in the development and reporting of financial and operating metrics
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Works with external auditors for annual audits
- Complete special projects/assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Controller.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports and advising management on necessary actions
Education and Basic Requirements
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- Financial skills and associated financial software
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP with direct experience applying accounting procedures and policies.
- Ability to travel occasionally to field locations
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and on-going screening
Experience and Job Skills
- 2+ years of experience in Staff Accountant or Senior Accountant role, preferably in an ethanol, biodiesel, chemical production /petrochemical refining, or other commodities intensive manufacturing business
- 2+yrs experience in Public Accounting
- Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise is strongly preferred
- Experience with conversions / transitions to new accounting or ERP software systems is a plus significant plus
- Experience with post-acquisition integration is a significant plus (integrating the accounting functions of newly acquired businesses)
- Experience with financial modeling and analysis is a significant plus
- Experience managing small teams is a significant plus
- Must be detail oriented with strong accounting, analytical, and reporting skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator; can remain poised and under control while dealing with competing time pressure demands
- Must have strong excel skills and be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness and ability to take on and manage multiple activities and projects in fast-paced environment
- Must have with a strong work ethic and desire to lead by example
- Competitive; commensurate with experience and education
- Participation in aggressive performance based annual bonuses
- Full benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, 401k matching plan, life and supplemental disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays and sick
Contact for Qualified Candidates
For qualified candidates, please email resume to jo*************@cr**************.com. Please use as subject heading “Senior Accountant position”