The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing preventive and routine maintenance within the Biodiesel and Glycerin Production facility. This includes repair and/or replacement of plant equipment and systems as well as troubleshooting equipment problems to ensure maximum production and equipment stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Repair of various type and sizes of pumps (gear, centrifugal, vane, diaphragm pumps), vacuum pump (Nash, liquid ring seal), centrifuges (Alfa Laval bowl centrifuges and Flottweg and Sharples decanting centrifuges), and heat exchangers. Additional equipment and systems include air compressors, cooling towers, vacuum and heat transfer fluid systems, RO and biological water treatment equipment as well as Brooks & Clayton steam generators. Repair and maintain 150- psi steam boiler.
- Troubleshoot equipment failure or performance issues.
- Perform routine, preventive and predictive maintenance and upkeep for all equipment.
- Contribute towards spare parts and maintenance supplies inventory management for all equipment.
- Perform upkeep of maintenance shop and related equipment.
- Make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Participates in updating of equipment manuals and Standard Operating Procedures for the maintenance department.
- Significant role in ensuring compliance with Mechanical Integrity requirements (PSM)
- Rotate on call with other maintenance personnel for weekend and night coverage for break downs within the plant
Education and Basic Requirements:
- 5 years of previous industrial maintenance experience or a combination of an associate degree from a two-year College in a related technical field or diploma from a trade school in related field along with 3 years of related experience
- 2 years’ experience in welding SMAW, MIG, TIG
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and the ability to learn company specific applications
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to meet minimum DOT requirements
- Must be willing to cross train into other trades/departments
Experience and Job Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in the maintenance department of a process manufacturing facility with no degree; 3 years with a trade school or associates degree
- Must have a hands-on, roll up the sleeves approach and strong work ethic
- Experience as a boiler technician on Cleaver Brooks and Clayton steam generators is strongly preferred
- Repair and maintenance experience with a variety of industrial pumps, air compressors, boilers / heating systems, and other industrial plant equipment
- Experience working in a small plant environment (i.e. less than 40 people) is a strong plus
- Experience working on centrifuges is a strong plus
- Any Electrical and PLC programming skills preferred
- Understand Piping and Instrument Diagrams, Signal Flow Diagrams
- Documentation skills concerning maintenance logs, work orders, parts inventory management
- Must have PC skills and proficiency with MS Office applications
- Exposure to heights, noise, extreme weather conditions, and areas where hazardous chemicals are present
- Must be able to work all shifts / schedules as needed
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and to handle competing demands with flexibility
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs, kneel, stoop, sit, walk extensively
Contact for Qualified Candidates
For qualified candidates, please email resume to vi************@cr**************.com
Please use “Maintenance Technician” as the subject heading.