Work Location: Denver, CO (preferred)/ Salem, OR/ Opportunity for Remote
Reports To: Mid-Office
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
About Crimson Renewable Energy
Crimson Renewable Energy Holdings LLC and its subsidiaries (“Crimson”) are producers of renewable transportation fuels, specifically the largest producer of biodiesel in California and Oregon. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, and Philips 66 to national truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J and Love’s count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel. Additionally, Crimson via its subsidiary Sequential Environmental Services is one of the largest providers of used cooking oil collection services in the Pacific Northwest and California. Crimson, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, provides a variety of timing, logistics, and pricing structures to best suit its various customers and supply chain partners.
Since commencing biodiesel production in California late 2011, Crimson has grown to become a market leader in the California and Oregon alternative fuels industry, which collectively represent the largest market for biodiesel in the United States. Throughout its growth trajectory, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with an emphasis on customer responsiveness, integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, and accountability at all levels. In summary, we work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational and back-office execution and navigating the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
The Inventory Analyst will be a leader in developing and maintaining systems that ensure timely and accurate inventory transactions. Initially, this role will focus on transactions pertaining to our Bakersfield, CA plants and 3rd party trading, but will grow to support process improvement at our PNW facilities as well.
The Inventory Analyst will be responsible in scheduling, actualizing, and reconciling inventory records for day-to-day transactions and broader reporting periods, such as end of month and yearly statements. They will also spur initiatives to drive efficient and sound reporting on contract obligations. The Inventory Analyst role is highly cross-functional and involves regular interactions with front, mid, and back office, as well as with outside customers and auditors.
We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys tackling complex problems and developing solutions. Candidates should have experience in leading cross-functional projects and/or teams. They should also possess superb attention to detail when building reports and attending to routine tasks. The ideal candidate would have a background in either supply chain, finance/accounting, or a combination of both. Advanced Excel skills are also desired for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain and improve reporting for sales and purchasing contract obligations for physical goods related to biodiesel production and 3rd party trades
- Lead Inventory reconciliation process in ERP System (WinMan) to physical values and triage discovered issues
- Assist in validating inventory position of intangible goods (RINS, Carbon Credits, etc.)
- Support front office and scheduling team in providing insight for inventory forecast and position reporting
- Oversee logistics flows in the ERP System, escalate issues where necessary, and ensure accuracy of all contract obligations
- Update and track monthly deal obligations based on actual contract volumes confirmed with counterparties
- Develop and manage the process for identifying missing movements as well as ensuring the accuracy of movement creation and capture of all movements in the ERP System (WinMan)
- Work with front, mid, back office, terminal operators and counterparts to resolve any contract discrepancies, including volume, pricing, shipment details, etc.
- Actively participate in designing, configuring, testing and supporting system upgrades and implementations
- Be a champion and initiator of process improvement throughout the company supply chain
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of MS Office
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills (pivot tables, nested functions with logic embedded, constructing formulas and reports from scratch)
- Power BI a plus
- ETRM/CTRM/ERP Systems a plus
Education and Basic Requirements
- Bachelor Degree preferred or equivalent work experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – the ability to convey a broad array of information succinctly and accurately
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in managing and/or affecting inventory position
- 1-3 years experience in energy or commodity trading markets is preferred
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and on-going screening
- $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 annual salary
- Full benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, 401k matching plan, life and supplemental disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays
Contact for Qualified Candidates
Or for qualified candidates, please email resume to vi************@cr**************.com
Please use as subject heading “Inventory Analyst”