Work Location: Bakersfield, CA
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
The Maintenance Mechanic performs preventive/routine maintenance, repair, and/or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the Company. Candidates must be able to troubleshoot equipment problems rapidly, possess a strong work ethic and work within a tight team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Scope of equipment includes various type and sizes of pumps (gear, centrifugal, vane, diaphragm pumps), vacuum pump (Nash, liquid ring seal), centrifuges (Alfa Laval bowl centrifuges and Flottweg and Sharples decanting centrifuges). Additional equipment and systems include 150 psig steam boiler, air compressors, cooling towers, 150 psig steam boiler, and heat transfer fluid systems.
- Troubleshoot equipment failure or performance issues.
- Perform routine, preventive and predictive maintenance and upkeep for all pumps and rotating equipment.
- Contribute towards spare parts and maintenance supplies inventory management for all equipment.
- Perform upkeep of maintenance shop and related equipment.
- Makes recommendations for improving plant operations, preventive maintenance, and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Participates in updating of equipment manuals and maintenance SOPs for the maintenance department.
- Significant role in ensuring compliance with Mechanical Integrity requirements (PSM).
- Willing and able to rotate on call with other maintenance personnel for weekend and night coverage for break downs within the plant.
Contact for Qualified Candidates
For qualified candidates, please email resume to email@example.com
Please use “Maintenance Mechanic position” as the subject heading.