Senior Financial Analyst
Work Location: Denver, CO (preferred)/ Opportunity for Remote
Reports To: Director of Finance
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
About Crimson Renewable Energy
Crimson Renewable Energy and its subsidiary SeQuential Biodiesel are producers of renewable transportation fuels; specifically, we are the largest producer of biodiesel in California and Oregon. Crimson customers ranging from major oil companies such as Chevron, Valero, and Philips 66 to truck stop operators such as Pilot Flying J and Love’s count on Crimson as a reliable and consistent supplier of ultra-low carbon biodiesel.
Since commencing biodiesel production in Oregon in 2007 and in California in 2011, Crimson and its SeQuential Biodiesel subsidiary have grown to become market leaders in the California and Oregon alternative fuels market, which combined represent the largest market for biodiesel in the United States. Our mission is to build a better energy model by making sustainable ultra-low carbon fuels and help our customers achieve carbon reduction and sustainability goals.
Crimson has consistently grown revenue and profitability since startup and is accelerating its growth trajectory. Crimson currently employs over 280 people, and is a privately owned, closely held company. Throughout its history, Crimson has held onto its startup culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence combined with an emphasis on customer responsiveness, integrity, strong work ethic, teamwork, safety and accountability at all levels. In summary, we work very hard to do a better job than our competitors in operational execution and managing the myriad market and commodity risks inherent in our business.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who can apply their skills and expertise in accounting, manufacturing and logistics operations and financial analysis to identify, analyze and monitor business drivers that affect profitability.
Our team is growing and this is a new position that is focused on building our Finance function. You’ll get to help build a system from the ground up and collaborate directly with our Director of Finance to whom you will be reporting.
We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys summarizing large amounts of data into actionable analysis. They should also possess superb communication skills to answer various information request from business stakeholders .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops and prepares analysis to monitor operating and financial performance within the company’s operating segments and regions. Responsible for explaining key drivers behind business plan and actual results.
- Works with business stakeholders to understand performance and help drive improvement. Maintains strong working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Develops models, and executes analysis and evaluation processes to measure, monitor and improve the financial forecast for the company.
- Obtains and compiles data used in econometric analysis. Researches, analyzes and synthesizes business information from multiple sources. Performs analyses for use in informed decision making by management.
- Prepares Executive level presentations and reports. Exhibits strong ability in communicating results and complex financial and accounting concepts to senior management.
Education and Technical Skills
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, economics, finance or related discipline required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – the ability to convey a broad array of information succinctly and accurately.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in financial or business analysis required.
- Capable of summarizing large amounts of data into actionable analysis designed to answer various information requests.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment.
- Strong financial modeling experience preferred.
- Intermediate skill set in using Microsoft Office suite required, high proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Solver or similar Corporate Performance Management tool (Planful, Workday Adaptive Planning, etc).
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and Background check
What we offer
- Compensation dependent on experience
- Full benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, 401k matching plan, life and supplemental disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays
Contact for Qualified Candidates
For qualified candidates, please email resume to vi************@cr**************.com
Please use as subject heading “Senior Financial Analyst”