Work Location: Denver, CO
Reports To: President and CFO
Supervisor Responsibilities: Accounting Staff
The Controller is responsible for all accounting and treasury functions, preparation of financial statements, and tax reporting / filings. Additionally, the Controller is responsible for financial forecasting, working with external auditors, and budgeting. The Controller is also accountable for the analysis and interpretation of trends related to the business, the preparation of financial management reports and the presentation of findings with specific recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design structure necessary for supporting the Company’s business volume, goals, and objectives.
- Provides timely status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data.
- Ensure correct and prompt invoicing for all sales transactions and accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Ensure all vendor accounts are properly maintained and that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Develop and/or maintain annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Provide financial analysis as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Establish and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publication, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports and advising management on necessary actions.
- Works with external auditors for annual audits.
Contact for Qualified Candidates
For qualified candidates, please email resume to email@example.com
Please use “Controller position” as the subject heading.